Thursday, July 16, 2015

Entry 271: Infinity Gauntlet Covers 3,4,&5

That there is my cover for Infinity Gauntlet #3. That issue should be coming out some time soon, I think.

But that's not all! Here is my cover for Infinity Gauntlet #4.




When I started this blog I promised myself that I would never start a blog entry by talking about how it had been a long time since my last entry & that I was so negligent. When I looking at other blogs, this kind of talk was always really annoying to me. It's like, first of all, assuming that I care that much about your blog is presumptuous -- even if I do care. Second: most of the time, I was reading the entry way after the fact and the whole offense was meaningless to me. And third: it just makes you look like a person who doesn't care enough about being a blogger. It makes you look bad. Why would I want to read your blog that you apparently don't care enough about.

So yeah, I never wanted to do that. I still don't want to do that. And I know that it's seeming like I'm about to do that, that I'm about to say "but guess what, guys? Sorry it's been a long time since my last entry. Look at me. I'm a stupid too." But you know what? Fuck that. I'm not a stupid too. It hasn't been some kind of crazy long time since I wrote an entry. I think I still demonstrate a dedication to this blog. But, though it hasn't been a super long time, in that length of time there are like a bunch of entries that I should have made. Like I should have done an entry about Infinity Gauntlet #2, which has been out for a while now. And I should have done entries for each of the Infinity Gauntlet covers as they were revealed. Not all at once like this. Also, I've been meaning to do another Blast from the Past Post. I have been neglecting my blog.

So what's the deal? What's the matter with me? Why can't I just write some simple blog entries? Well, I think I know the answer. 

It's twitter, man! My internet problems all started when I joined Twitter. It's sucking my life-force. I don't even tweet that much, but I think about twitter a lot. I draft tweets and then think better of it and don't tweet them. I read peoples tweets and I get all the feeling that that gives. When I do tweet, I keep checking back to see if anyone gives a shit. 

I don't know. I guess I've been hanging in there with the twitter thing thinking that I'd eventually get used to it and level out, but my frustration is only growing. I think about quitting twitter everyday. The thing is that it's not all bad. I've made a few friends. It's made me aware of things I wouldn't have been aware of. There are good things about it, but honestly, it's kind of difficult for me. And it's pulled me away from this blog, which I enjoy doing.

So I'm thinking, I'm not going to totally quit twitter but I am going to try to pull back from it a lot... I think it will improve my life and get me posting here more regularly.

That's what's on my mind... among a bunch of other things.

Anyway. How bout that Infinity Gauntlet #5 cover?

I'll do a real blog entry about these covers soon. 

Blogged and blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment